4 Sept 2012

Sugar Free September

The weather is slowly getting brighter, the end of term is approaching, the mind-numbing busyness has a light shining at the end of a tunnel and I just cleared enough mental space to remember I have a blog!

I have just started "Sugar Free September". I have given up refined sugar for 30 days. Four days in I am not finding it too hard. It is good to read labels and remind yourself just how many things have sugar in them and how much. I have noticed some bad habits that have snuck in over the last year or so - BBQ sauce on breakfast eggs, Mango Chutney on curries, chocolate nightly. The mindfulness of the food choices shows you these things, but I have had perfectly good poached eggs, curry and nightly cuppas without the sugar.

I will start posting recipes again in the next few weeks (2.5 weeks til holidays!!) and will share my findings from the sugar free experiment in the coming weeks.
Nicola
    

No comments:

Post a Comment